Auckland’s favorite mid-year festival, elementary AKL returns in July with a sensational season of curated experiences celebrating the unique culture, cuisine and creativity of Tāmaki Makaurau Auckland.
From July 14-31, Elemental AKL 2022 will whet the appetite and awaken the senses as the finest cuisine, performing and visual arts, and live music transform venues and stages, art galleries and restaurants, cultural centers and public spaces in the region. .
Now in its fourth year, Elemental AKL 2022 is building on its growing reputation for showcasing and celebrating Auckland’s uniqueness with a range of over 30 curated experiences spanning from Matakana to Clevedon and Muriwai to Howick, with stops at the waterfront of Auckland Seaside, the streets of Takapuna and the Manurewa Botanical Gardens in between.
Highlights of this year’s program include:
- Elemental Nights – featuring Dope Lemon, Reb Fountain, BIIG PIIG, Oliver Tree, Nadia Reid & the APO and more, in concert
- Table talk with top chefs during bespoke cooking and dining experiences
- Culinary explorations and mystery diners on some of Auckland’s most iconic streets
- Immersive art trails and installations spanning Auckland’s neighborhoods and parks
- Indigenous food and theater with award-winning chefs, artists and creators
- The Snugs – The sold-out culinary sensations of 2021, back at the heart of the Elemental Hub in Aotea Square
- Plus, stunning performances of opera, theatre, dance and more to be announced.
Auckland Unlimited’s director of arts, entertainment and events, Richard Clarke, said the richness and diversity of Elemental AKL is a key factor in its success and he expects this year’s event year is the most popular to date.
“Tāmaki Makaurau Auckland is filled with creativity, big ideas, passionate people and lots of magic,” he says.
“The Elemental AKL 2022 lineup captures the pulse of Auckland and showcases it in a range of dozens of experiences and events that will excite, invigorate and inspire locals and visitors alike.”
Richard Clarke says that with New Zealand’s borders reopening, Elemental AKL is further positioning Auckland as a destination where overseas visitors can expect to be wowed by the region’s diversity and inclusiveness.
“Our cuisine, culture and festivals are world class and Elemental AKL is the perfect platform to showcase and celebrate them.
“We are proud of Auckland and can’t wait to remind everyone why it’s the best city in the world to visit in 2022.”
Visit aucklandnz.com/elemental for lineup, with new events yet to be announced.