Synapse plays the vital role of strengthening the fabric of a widely dispersed campus community by providing information about UCSF, and especially student life, that cannot be found anywhere else. All UCSF students and affiliates are invited to submit an article to our publication. Once an article is received, it will be scheduled for publication on our website and in our newsletter, which is distributed electronically every Tuesday during the academic year.
Terms of Service
- Articles should generally be between 400 and 900 words.
- Articles should include who, what, when, where, why (i.e. who is hosting the event or did the presentation, what is this event, when and where will/did happened, why is this event or topic important).
- If you include a quote, frame it as a quote and include the speaker and the speaker’s title (i.e. “Synapse is awesome,” said Jane Doe, a 2nd-year physical therapy student).
- Entries must include a logo or high resolution photo with caption and photo credit (i.e. Club X Founders left to right: John Smith, Jane Doe, Bruce Wayne, photo credit: John Smith).
- Papers should include the author’s signature at the end of your submission (i.e. Jane Doe is a second-year physical therapy student).
Our editors will work with you to decide when to publish your article. If you are submitting a paper for an urgent announcement, please email [email protected] and note when your event occurs.
If you would like to submit a creative multimedia, literary or visual arts project, please go to the Right Brain submission form.